Video Game Console Market Global Forecast: Hardware and Software
About this product
These are the latest DFC Intelligence video game console forecasts for the major systems. The forecasts include data in an Excel spreadsheet with historical sales and five-year forecasts for video game console systems from 2008-2027. Forecasts are broken down by hardware units, packaged software, and digital software and services by individual platform and region.
DFC Intelligence has specialized in accurately forecasting the video game industry for over 25 years. Way back in 2006, DFC was one of the first analyst firms to predict that the Nintendo Wii would be a hit and the PlayStation 3 would struggle. Of course, the Wii went on to become one of the best-selling game systems ever. Seven years later DFC correctly forecasted that the PlayStation 4 would outsell the Xbox One.
In other words, if your business is planning for future console video game sales you need DFC Intelligence data!
The Video Game Console Market Global Forecast breaks down sales for individual console game systems by platform, region, and business model (packaged and online). Historical data goes back to 2008, with five-year forecasts.
The forecasts include data in an Excel spreadsheet with historical sales and five-year forecasts for video game console systems from 2008-2027. Forecasts are broken down by platform and region. Digital revenue, including revenue from online subscriptions, is also included.
There are even forecasts for a new, unannounced system to launch in 2024+
NOTE: These are living forecasts. DFC Intelligence specializes in working with clients whose business is dependent on accurate forecasts. Our forecasts are always being adjusted based on the latest news, events, and product announcements. Anyone ordering this report will also receive all updates for the next three months.
|Microsoft Xbox 360
|Sony PlayStation 3
|Nintendo Wii U
|Microsoft Xbox One
|Sony PlayStation 4
|Microsoft Xbox 360
|Sony PlayStation 5
|Rest of World
Included for each platform and region:
- Hardware units sold per year
- Hardware revenue per year
- Active Installed Base by year (units in active use)
- Cumulative Installed Base by year (total units sold)
- More granular data is available on request and can include forecasts by individual country, business model, game genre, and more.
- Our console software forecast report provides more granular breakdown on software sales
- This report is included as part of our overall subscription program and our video game forecast subscription package.
- Purchase of this report can be credited to additional purchases within a six-month period.