Video Game Console Market Global Software Forecast
About this product
These are the latest DFC Intelligence video game console forecasts for the major systems. The forecasts include data in an Excel spreadsheet with historical sales and five-year forecasts for video game console systems from 2008-2027. Forecasts are broken down by hardware units, packaged software, and digital software and services by individual platform and region.
These cutting-edge forecasts provides an in-depth analysis of individual console game systems, sales breakdowns by platform, region, and business model (packaged and online), giving you a clear understanding of the gaming landscape.
- Historical data dating back to 2020: Gain valuable insights from past trends to inform your present and future strategies.
- Five-year forecasts (2022-2027): Plan with confidence using our accurate predictions for the next five years.
Easy-to-analyze Excel spreadsheet:
- The forecasts are presented in an organized Excel spreadsheet, featuring historical sales data and precise five-year projections for video game console systems from 2020 to 2027.
- Detailed breakdowns by platform and region: Identify lucrative opportunities and potential growth areas with our region-specific insights.
Detailed Software Revenue Breakdown:
Our report provides a granular analysis of software revenue, offering you a comprehensive view of the gaming market’s potential. The following software categories are broken out by platform and region.
- Full game packaged: Delve into the revenue generated from games that receive both packaged and digital releases. Understand the impact of dual distribution strategies.
- Full game digital only: Get insights into the revenue derived solely from games with a digital release, and understand the growing influence of digital distribution.
- Add-on content: Uncover the revenue generated from products that extend existing games, such as DLCs and virtual items. Tap into this lucrative market segment.
- Individual subscription revenue: Gain an understanding of the revenue streams from individual game subscriptions and explore the power of subscription-based models.
- Multi-game subscription: Get a glimpse of the revenue potential of subscription services that offer access to multiple games. Identify opportunities for innovation and growth.
NOTE: These are living forecasts. DFC Intelligence specializes in working with clients whose business is dependent on accurate forecasts. Our forecasts are always being adjusted based on the latest news, events, and product announcements. Anyone ordering this report will also receive all updates for the next three months.
|Microsoft Xbox 360||2005||7|
|Sony PlayStation 3||2006||7|
|Nintendo Wii U||2012||8|
|Microsoft Xbox One||2013||8|
|Sony PlayStation 4||2013||8|
|Microsoft Xbox 360||2020||9|
|Sony PlayStation 5||2020||9|
|Rest of World||Yes|
Included for each platform and region:
- Hardware units sold per year
- Hardware revenue per year
- Active Installed Base by year (units in active use)
- Cumulative Installed Base by year (total units sold)
- More granular data is available on request and can include forecasts by individual country, business model, game genre, and more.
- This report is included as part of our overall subscription program and our video game forecast subscription package.
- Purchase of this report can be credited to additional purchases within a six-month period.